Here’s what else is featured in this week’s Weekly Review on news stands now!
– Nominees for 2017 Municipal Election on Oct. 16 outline who is opposing who for the Towns of Viking, the Villages of Irma and Holden, Battle River School Divison Beaver County East and West, Buffalo Trail Public Schools Electoral Subdivision No. 3 (Irma);
– Village of Irma commits $350,000 to school enhancement project – community meeting on train whistle possible;
– Opinion: Wes Taylor writes to say he is recovering well from open heart surgery; Editorial – Trudeau government killing the Canadian enterpreneurial spirit;
– Tofield RCMP’s Word on the Street Sept. 11- Sept. 17;
– Irma News by Marjorie Lawson – Playschool registration, Spanish lessons, birthday celebrations, baby showers and more;
– Writing Home by Jaimee Russnak – Do what makes you happy this month!
– Atco Blue Flames Kitchen – features two recipes for cucumbers;
– D&H Concrete of Edmonton pour cement for gutters, curbs and sidewalks last week on Hwy. 619 at Viking;
– The Wainwright Bisons beat the Vermilion Tigers in Jr. B exhibition hockey action at the Viking Carena Friday night;
– The Holden Terry Fox Run raises $840 as of last Sunday during their annual run;
– Viking Library tells you what’s new at the library this week;
– Kinsella Rose Seniors report full of upcoming tournaments, floor curling, military whist and card events;
– Two deer tangled by antlers freed by good samaritans – one deer already dead, other freed;
– New office building being raised on the old town office parking lot in Viking;
– Viking Alliance Church has lots of fun at its annual Penny Carnival;
– Viking Carena concession up and running with pilot project brainchild of council;
-Beaver County Chronicle: Hwy. 14 Regional Water Commission grand opening held with ribbon cutting, cake, barbecue and tours of the new facility in Ryley; Nominees for Beaver County’s Oct. 16 Municipal Election listed by Division; CFIB says Beaver County’s commercial/residential tax gap has risen by 241 per cent since 2010;
– Also inside this edition of The Weekly Review: Employment advertising, real estate sales, Blankets and Classifieds (includes three sister papers), Business and Professional (Oilfield and Energy) Directory; Church Services, Community Events, upcoming political advertising and much more!!!